Monday, May 18, 2009

CABIN RUG

I am finally finished with my brother and his wife's Cabin Rug. Gary and Chris were married in Hubbarton, Vermont on November 23, 2007. This is their wedding rug. I was not at the wedding but they also purchased a cabin by a lake in Vermont where they spend their every weekend. During the winter they ski every weekend and during off season they spend it at the lake swimming and just enjoying Vermont. They absolutely love it there. They sent me a picture of their cabin and this is the side of the cabin. I asked my good friend Debbie, Woolensails, to draw the picture for me onto linen. She does amazing patterns and drew this up for me. I asked her to add the trees and the moose. Everything else was exactly the way the cabin looks. Thank you Debbie for a fantastic job! I did all the dyeing of the wools in this rug except for the sky which I purchased wool from Norma Batastini becuase when I saw it I knew it was exactly what I wanted and I think it turned out perfect. I am so anxious to give them their rug when I see them.

I have much more to share with you but it will have to wait until the next post. I am so busy right now with so many projects. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather and doing something that you enjoy as much as I enjoy hooking! Do what makes you smile and what makes you happy inside. Blessings to all my dear friends and be sure to think a good thought! Until next time..............Cyndi

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love how you hooked up the rug and that sky reminds me of a sunny day in the mountains. You did a beautiful job hooking it.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your rug turned out great and I'm sure your brother and sil will count it as a treasure!
:)Ginger

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

iconrugs said...

Hi,
Nice creativity, I appreciate of this.
cheap rugs